“Add a Little Alexis Cheese to Every Moment” CONTEST RULES
- To be eligible for this contest (the "Contest"), an individual must:
- a legal resident of Canada; and
- have reached the age of majority in his/her province or territory of residence at the time of entry.
- Those ineligible to enter the contest are:
- employees, representatives and agents of Saputo Dairy Products Canada G.P., including its affiliates, subsidiaries and related corporations; (collectively the "Sponsor");
- employees, representatives and agents of the suppliers of Prizes (hereinafter defined) awarded in this Contest;
- employees, representatives and agents of the Sponsor’s advertising, promotional and media agencies;
- people involved in the development, production and distribution of materials related to the contest; and
- the immediate family of any of the aforementioned persons, or persons with whom such persons are domiciled. In these Contest rules "immediate family" means husband, wife, spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
- The Sponsor has the right to require, at any time, proof of identity, age and/or eligibility of any participant in the Contest (the "Participant") to allow the Participant to enter the Contest. Failure to provide such proof to the Sponsor within five (5) days of the request could result in disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- All information supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of this Contest must be truthful, accurate and complete.
- Contest period
The Contest opens on February 19, 2018 at 9:00 am Eastern time (ET) (the "Contest Opening Date") and closes on March 31, 2018 at 11:59 pm ET (the "Contest Closing Date") (the period between the Contest Opening Date and the Contest Closing Date is the "Contest Period").
- How to enter the contest
- No purchase necessary. To enter, during the Contest Period, a Participant must visit the website http://alexisdeportneuf.com/en/wintercontest or http://alexisdeportneuf.com/fr-CA/concourshiver and complete all the required information on the entry form and click “send”. The address which each Winner provides must be a valid civil address. P.O. Box addresses will not be accepted. Each complete entry form submitted qualifies as one (1) entry.
- Limit one (1) entry per Participant during Contest Period. If a Participant submits more entry forms than the entry limit, only the first entry will be eligible for this Contest; all subsequent entries will be considered null and void.
- The Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any Participant who is in violation of these rules in respect of entry limits.
- The sole determinant of time for the purposes of receipt of a valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s).
- Use of any automated system to submit an entry is prohibited and will result in the disqualification of the Participant. The Participant must submit the entry in his/her own name and a proxy cannot be given to this effect, failing which the Participant will be disqualified.
- In the event of a dispute concerning the identity of a Participant, the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the Participant. A Selected Participant (as defined below) may need to provide proof that he is the authorized account holder of the email address submitted with the selected entry.
- Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are received outside the Contest Period.
- Description of Prizes
- Three (3) prizes shall be awarded during this Contest, each consisting of
- ·one (1) Alexis de Portneuf cooler containing thirteen (13) Alexis de Portneuf branded cheeses to a value of one hundred dollars (C$100), and
- forty (40) coupons, each coupon for ten dollars (C$10) off certain Alexis de Portneuf cheeses, to a total of four hundred dollars (C$400)
(collectively, a "Prize").<
- The approximate retail value of each of the Prizes is five hundred dollars in Canadian currency (C$500).
- Each Winner (as defined below) is solely responsible for all other incidental costs and expenses to the enjoyment of the Prize. All terms and conditions of the coupons apply. In no event will the Sponsor be held to award more Prizes than as set out in these rules.
4.1.4 Limit one (1) Prize per Winner (as defined below).
- Awarding of the Prize
- Each Prize will be couriered to each Winner (as defined below) within thirty (30) days following the receipt of the reception of the response of the Participant to the private message or email transmitted by the Sponsor or the Administrator (as defined below) of the Contest, in accordance with paragraph 5.2 of these Contest rules.
- winner selection
- Selected Participants
- On April 2, 2018 at 3:00 pm ET at the offices of the Sponsor located at 2365 Côte-de-Liesse Road, Saint Laurent, Quebec, H4N 2M7, three (3) Participants (each a "Selected Participant") will be selected by random draw (each a "Draw"), among all the eligible entries received during the Contest Period as potential winners of a Prize.
- The odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period.
- Requirements to be declared Winner
- In order to be declared a Winner (as defined below), a Participant must comply with the conditions of paragraphs 5.2.2; 5.2.3 and 5.2.4.
- Each Selected Participant will be notified by email within five (5) business day of the Draw. To be declared a Winner (as defined in the next paragraph), each Selected Participant must reply to the email from the Sponsor’s representative or the Administrator’s representative within five (5) business days. Otherwise, such Selected Participant will be disqualified from the Contest and will forfeit the Prize. The Sponsor may then, in its sole and absolute discretion, has another Participant selected by random draw in accordance with section 5.1 or cancel awarding the Prize. A new Selected Participant is also subject to disqualification as set out in this paragraph.
- In order to be declared a winner of a Prize (the “Winner”), each Selected Participant must: (i) complete and sign a Declaration and Release Form (the "Declaration and Release Form") confirming the compliance with the Contest Rules and, as permitted by law, releasing the Sponsor and any other organization associated with the Prize or the Contest and their respective directors, officers and employees, from any and all liability for any injury, accident, loss or damage relating to the Contest, the Prize or the awarding of the Prize; (ii) correctly and individually answer the mathematical skill-testing question included in the Declaration and Release Form; and (iii) return the Declaration and Release Form to the Sponsor before the date indicated in the Declaration and Release form.
- If a Selected Participant does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question or if the Declaration and Release Form duly completed and signed receipt by the Selected Participant is not received by the Sponsor or its mandatary prior to the date indicated in the Declaration and Release Form, the Sponsor may, in its sole and absolute discretion, select another Participant by drawing lots among the other valid Photos, in accordance with paragraph 5.1, or annul awarding of the Prize. This new Selected Participant is subject to disqualification if he/she does not comply with this paragraph.
- general conditions
- Each Prize must be accepted as awarded and is not transferable or convertible to cash. No Prize substitution is permitted, except at the Sponsor’s sole and entire discretion. The Sponsor may substitute the Prize, or a part thereof, with a prize of equal or greater value. Any portion of the Prize not accepted or used by the Winner will be forfeited. The Sponsor will not be responsible if any event results in the cancellation of the Contest or if other factors beyond its reasonable control prevent the Contest or any part thereof from being fulfilled. The Sponsor makes no express or implied warranties of any kind with respect to the safety, appearance or performance of any aspect of the Prize. By accepting the Prize, the Winner acknowledges that the only warranties applicable to any aspect of the Prize, if any, are the warranties provided by the manufacturer or supplier of the Prize. In no circumstance whatsoever will the Winner have any recourse against the Sponsor with respect to any element of any Prize or the Contest.
- A Winner is not entitled to any monetary difference between the actual Prize value and any stated approximate value.
- Any attempt to damage any website or materials related to the Contest, or the legitimate operation of this Contest may be a violation of penal, criminal and civil laws. In such cases, the Sponsor has the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including penal or criminal prosecution.
- No correspondence pertaining to the Contest will be entered into except with each Selected Participant and each Winner.
- indemnification by participant
By entering the Contest, as permitted by law, a Participant:
- releases the Sponsor and its respective directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, suppliers, sponsors and agents from any and all liability for any injury, loss or damage of any kind to the Participant or any other person, including, but not limited to, property, moral or other damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a Prize, participation in this Contest, any breach of these Contest rules, or in any Prize-related activity;
- agrees to fully indemnify the Sponsor and its directors, officers, employees, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, suppliers, representatives and agents from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Contest, without limitation.
- By entering this Contest, the Participant agrees to be bound by these rules, which are posted throughout the Contest Period as set out above.
- The Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any Participant it finds to be:
- violating these Contest rules;
- tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest website; or
- acting in an unsportsmanlike, unfairly or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
- limitation of liability
- The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost, delayed, destroyed or misdirected entries, emails, or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur
- The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest.
- As permitted by law, the Sponsor reserves the right, with the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the "Régie"), if required, to cancel, suspend or modify the Contest, should a virus, bug, computer problem, unauthorized human intervention or other cause beyond the Sponsor’s control, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest.
- release / privacy / use of participant provided information
- By entering this Contest, the Participant agrees to the Sponsor’s use of his/her personal information for the purposes of administering the Contest and awarding the Prize and acknowledge that his/her personal information will not be provided to any third parties, other than as provided for in these rules.
- By accepting the Prize, each Winner grants the Sponsor permission to use his/her name, address, photograph, likeness, voice, and/or biographical information for publicity and promotional purpose without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
- intellectual property
All intellectual property and all of the promotional materials, web pages and source code are owned by the Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted material or trademarks without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. SAPUTO is a registered trademark owned by Saputo Dairy Products Canada G.P.
These are official Contest rules. This Contest is subject to federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. With the approval of the Régie, if required, these Contest rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor.
- residents of the province of quebec
Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of the Contest may be submitted to the Régie for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- posting of winners’ names
Within thirty (30) days of the Draw, the Sponsor shall post the Winners’ names on http://alexisdeportneuf.com/en/wintercontest and http://alexisdeportneuf.com/fr-CA/
concourshiver. This information shall stay on this page for a period of at least thirty (30) days.