Skip to Content
- 25 min
- 35 min
Penne with Asparagus and Étoile de St-Raymond Cheese
- 454 g (1 lb) of penne or other pasta of your choice
- 15 mL (1 tbsp.) olive oil
- 1 L (4 cups) of small asparagus cut in 2,5 cm (1 po) pieces
- Zest of 1 lemon, finely grated
- 150 g (5 oz) of Étoile de St-Raymond cheese, diced
- 12 slices of ham, bacon or prosciutto, cut into strips
- 125 mL (1/2 cup) of basil, coarsely chopped
- Salt & pepper
- In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the pasta per the manufacturer’s instructions. Strain the pasta but set aside 125 mL (1/2 cup) of the cooking water.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the asparagus, season and cook for 3 to 4 minutes while stirring. Add the lemon zest and set aside.
- When the pasta is ready, add the cheese and the leftover cooking water and stir. Add the asparagus, ham, basil and combine. Serve immediately.