- 10 mins
- 20 mins
- ½ cup (75 g) Alexis de Portneuf Cantonnier cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) red beer
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 slices country-style bread
- 1 tsp. (5 mL) mayonnaise
- 1 mild or hot merguez-style sausage, cooked and cut in half lengthwise
- ½ cup (125 mL) baby spinach
- Ground pepper
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
In a bowl, combine previously grated Cantonnier cheese, egg yolk, mustard, beer and green onion. Set aside.
Add mayonnaise and spread cheese evenly on each slice of bread (about ¼ cup per slice). Season with pepper.
On one slice, place the cut sausage and spinach. Top with the other slice of bread.
Preheat a large non-stick pan to medium-low. Cook grilled cheese 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden. Transfer to oven for 5 minutes to finish melting the cheese.